Skip Navigation LinksHome

Welcome to the Ogle County Clerk

Online Marriage/Civil Union Application

DO NOT Complete the Online Application If:

  1. You are under the age of 18.
  2. You are converting a civil union to a marriage,

  3. Please call our office for further clarification if you meet either of these categories at 815-732-1110.

Please read the following instructions below before you start the application.

  1. Couples must be getting married in Ogle County within the next 60 days.
  2. To start the application you will need to enter a valid email address below and click continue. All confirmation information will be sent to that email for later steps.
  3. Fill in all information for both individuals according to what is printed on their birth certificates and click submit. After completing the application, you will receive a confirmation code.
  4. Both individuals must appear in person at the Ogle County Clerk's Office within 14 days to complete the application process.
  5. When you come to the Clerk's Office, couples will need to bring:
    • Birth Certificate
    • One form of valid acceptable ID as listed below - NO PHOTOCOPIES.
      1. US Government Issued Driver's License or State ID
      2. Valid US Passport or Foreign Passport-must have issue and expiration dates
      3. Matricula Consular
      4. Permanent Resident Card
      5. FOID Card
      6. US Armed Forces Identification Card
      7. Incarcerated or recently released inmates can submit a copy of their prison intake/offender summary sheet containing a photo.
    • A printed version of the confirmation email OR written confirmation number
    • $40.00 fee (Cash/Check/Card)